Even the most careful pet owners may find themselves dealing with a scary crisis: a lost pet. It takes one moment to forget closing the door fully, and can lead to a curious cat or energetic dog wandering loose. Microchipping is one way to help make sure you’re reunited with your pets should they become lost. At Northtown Guardian Pet Hospital, we believe in the importance of microchipping your pet, and will educate you on the importance.
Here is how it works:
- We use a needle to implant a small microchip (about the size of a grain of rice) under the skin between your dog or cat’s shoulder blades.
- The procedure takes only a few seconds and there is no significant healing time involved.
- After placement, the pet parent can link the microchip number to a database with their contact information.
- A veterinarian or animal shelter worker uses a universal microchip scanner to detect the chip. They can then look up your contact information.
- Microchipping can be performed on both young animals and adults.
- There is no downtime after the procedure and it does not hurt your pet. It’s no different than getting a vaccine!
Get started today!